Want to surprise a special — nutrition-minded — someone with a chocolate-strawberry Valentine’s Day treat? Try this simple recipe for a delicious “Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Bowl.”
It’s perfect for breakfast, a midday snack, or even dessert. The strawberries are rich in antioxidants and the cashews/almonds contain unsaturated fats and minerals that promote heart health.
Tip: Why are strawberries associated with love? In Greek mythology, the fruit was associated with the Goddess of Love, Venus, due to its red color and shaping similar to a heart. Additionally, legend has it that if two members of the opposite sex break a double strawberry in half and share it, they are destined to fall in love.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Bowl
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao smoothie packet
- 1 collagen pouch
- 6 oz. almond or cashew milk
- ½ cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 2 sliced strawberries
- Shredded coconut flakes
- A handful of almonds or cashews
- Add frozen SmoothieBox Cacao packet and collagen to blender.
- Pour in almond or cashew milk.
- Add in the frozen or fresh strawberries.
- Blend and top with strawberry slices, coconut flakes, and almonds or cashews. Note, this will be a bit thicker than your regular SmoothieBox Super Smoothie.