There’s nothing quite like a delicious hot chocolate after coming inside from a cold winter day spent outdoors.
In the spirit of the season, we wanted to share one of our favorite new recipes, a smoothie version of traditional Mexican hot chocolate. Combining the flavors of chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, and chilis, with our Cacao SuperSmoothie, this won’t warm you up on a cold morning, but it will surely brighten — and heat up — your morning.
Tip: Chocolate, in drink form originally, dates back to the Mayans and Aztecs who anthropologists believe were the first to discover the deliciousness cacao tree beans. Because it was a bit bitter, they combined the concoction with other locally grown flavors like cinnamon, vanilla, and chiles.
Mexican Hot Chocolate SuperSmoothie
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao smoothie packet
- 1 collagen pouch
- 8-12 oz. of vanilla almond milk
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp of almond butter
- Cacao nibs to top
- Add frozen SmoothieBox packet and collagen to blender.
- Pour in the vanilla almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the cayenne, cinnamon, and almond butter.
- Blend, top with cacao nibs, and enjoy!