Our Cacao Super Smoothie is a quick breakfast and great way to start the day. A few extra ingredients can increase the deliciousness while packing in more protein and nutrients.
Oh, and with that little extra bit of added cacao and vanilla flavor, it’s almost like you are drinking the world’s healthiest chocolate and coffee ice cream milkshake…for breakfast!
Fun fact: Cacao is the version of the bean from the Theobroma cacao fruit which is fermented and dried similar to a coffee bean.
Here is the simple recipe:
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao packet + collagen packet
- 8 oz cashew milk
- 2 oz cold brew coffee concentrate
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp maca
- Vanilla protein
- Cacao nibs.
- Add frozen SmoothieBox packet and collagen to blender.
- Pour in cashew milk and cold brew as a liquid base.
- Add almond butter, maca, and protein powder.
- Top with cacao nibs and enjoy!
We have a few favorite healthy brands we like to use to make a perfect Mocha Smoothie. For cashew milk, Nutty Life is great, and Bizzy Coffee is our go-to cold brew concentrate. Georgia Grinders makes a fantastic almond butter and nutritional supplement company Nuzest makes a great vanilla protein. We used OneWorld Cacao nibs in our Mocha Smoothie and Navitas’s maca.